Saturday, July 8, 2017

Let the new adventure begin: Triathlon Szczecin


So I decided to participate in Triathlon because I like swimming and riding a bike and as you know from previous posts - this year we also started running. I choose a middle distance from the event that  took place in our city. It was 1/4 Ironman so 950m swimming, 45 km on bike and   10,55 km run.

Our city is perfect for triathlon because of wide river just in the city center and plain roads perfect for fast biking. This is also one of only a few triathlons that take place in a big city center. Before start I was a little worried abut the water temperature but it turned out just "refreshing".


Because this was my first start in Triathlon and also longest (about 2,5h ) start I did not know what to expect and how to split my effort. So I decided to take it calmly and I was in good shape after swimming and biking. Unfortunately running track leads through four steep ascents and during midday it became quite hot so I got weaker with every kilometre.  But in the end I was satisfied with my result 02:33:54 (108/312 contestants on this distance).

Finish line:

For photo credit: I'm very sorry but I'm unable to track the authors of most of them. Some were bought from the event organizers, some were downloaded from FB, some were taken by Ania and one is by amazing Dulny Photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment